One of the things I love most about fashion is being able to express yourself through your style and as a proud feminist, I am very pleased to see the rise in slogan-ed t-shirts (and other clothing) showing support for equality. Here are six tops (all at a good price) with empowering motifs:
- The Ivory Femme Motif T-Shirt from Dorothy Perkins (£12) is a plain white tee with ‘FEMINIST FOR LIFE’ written across it. It’s simple and blunt which is all it really needs to be.
- From Topshop, the Females of the Future Tee (£15) is a white t-shirt with ‘FEMALES OF THE FUTURE’ printed across it in black. This one is probably my favourite because I really love the slogan.
- The Feminist T-Shirt by Tea & Cake (£18) is also from Topshop. It is even simpler than the first with just the word ‘FEMINIST’ on it but is a longline fit.
- A change of look comes with the Let’s Hear It for Girls Graphic Tee from Nasty Gal (£15) with its nude/neutral colouring. The message on this top is my favourite, saying ‘GIRLS NEED TO SUPPORT GIRLS’, something we all should do.
- I came across the Rebellious One Girl Power Keyhole Tee ($16.97) on Nordstrom Rack. A stark contrast to the others, this t-shirt is black with white lettering reading ‘GIRL POWER’ and has a large keyhole under the neckline.
- The final top, the Private Party Girl Power Tee, comes from Urban Outfitters (